This Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
1. HOW IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME COLLECTED?
Depending on your use of the Service, we may collect the following types of information:
- User Provided Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Such information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, and billing and credit card information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may be required to provide us with your personally identifiable information in order to take advantage of certain features of the Service. For example, you may need to provide us with personal information to sign up to receive emails from us. In addition, you may provide us with personal information in various other ways on the Service, such by sending us an email with questions or comments.
- Cookies. We may collect information passively using “cookies.” “Cookies” are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device in order to identify your Web browser and the activities of your computer on the Service and other websites. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. In addition to cookies that we place on your computer or mobile device, cookies may also be placed on your computer or mobile device by third parties that we use to display or serve advertisements or to collect non-personally identifiable information in order to provide advertising-related services. In the course of serving advertisements, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize unique cookies on your browser.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “Action tags.” "Action Tags," also known as web beacons or gif tags, are a web technology that may used to help track website usage information, such as how many times a specific page has been viewed. Action tags are invisible to you, and any portion of the Service, including advertisements, or email sent on our behalf, may contain action tags. We also may use these technologies to automatically collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This automatically collected information may include “log file information” such as your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. This information is gathered from all users.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2. WHAT DOES THE LEARNING ACCELERATOR DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- In general, we use the information collected to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to help us understand who uses the Service, for internal operations such as operating and improving the Service, to contact you for customer service purposes.
- We may collect your email address when you “opt-in” or sign up to receive emails through the Service. If you “opt-in” or sign up to receive emails through the Service, we may use your email address and other information we collect on the Service to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. If you provide us with your email address in connection with the Service, we may also use your email address or other information we collect on the Service to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement or privacy violations. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional email as described below under Section 8.
- We may also use the information gathered to perform statistical analysis of user behavior or to evaluate or improve the Service, or to develop new materials, services, feature, and functionality. We may link some of this information to personally identifiable information for internal purposes or to improve your experience with the Service.
- We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
3. WHEN DOES THE LEARNING ACCELERATOR DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
3.1 Laws and Legal Rights.
3.2 Third Parties Generally.
We may provide to third parties non-personally identifiable information, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Service.
3.3 Outside Contractors.
We may employ independent contractors, vendors, service providers and suppliers (collectively, "Outside Contractors") to provide specific services and products related to the Service, for example hosting and maintaining the Service. In the course of providing products or services to us, these Outside Contractors may sometimes have limited access to information collected on the Service, including your personally identifiable information. Generally, we require these contractors to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
3.4 Sale of Business.
3.5 Your Approval or Consent.
We also may disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
4. DOES THE LEARNING ACCELERATOR COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE?
The Service is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person who is under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
6. IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICE SECURE?
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Notwithstanding the above, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. COULD MY INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
8. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING THE COLLECTION, DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. If you “opt-in,” we may send you electronic newsletters, surveys, announcements, and updates, contact you about the Service, products, services, information and news that may be of interest to you, and provide you with targeted feedback. You may also "opt-out" of receiving certain communications by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link that may be included in our communications to you or by contacting email@example.com.
9. CAN I UPDATE OR CORRECT MY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
11. WHOM DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By postal mail or courier: Attn: Privacy Agent 10605 Farallone Drive Cupertino, CA 95014